Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Missing resources error message when execute the test scripts from Jenkins

ashokan_moorthi
ashokan_moorthi Posts: 21

Hi All, I am getting an error "ERROR: Missing Resources: The following symbols/resources were specified, but were not found in the workspace. Ensure they are valid and are relative to the workspace" when try to execute the SOATest scripts from Jenkins

but I am pretty sure that the resource path provided is correct.

The Jenkins are installed in Linux server and Parasoft too.

I have added the import command also before the command line execution.

still i am getting the above error. Can anyone please tell me whats wrong with setup. let me know if you need more details.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Can you paste your command line arguments here so we can take a look? Also, can you provide a little info on what projects you have defined and where the .tst files live?

• ashokan_moorthi
    ashokan_moorthi Posts: 21

I figured out the root cause of the issue and fixed it. Thanks for the help

• Vinay
    Vinay Posts: 10

Hi Ashokan, was this an environmental/configuration issue? If so, please share your experience here - it may help others.

Thanks,

• tapan1986
    tapan1986 Posts: 27

I am getting the same error .Could you please some one help?

I am getting an error "ERROR: Missing Resources: The following symbols/resources were specified, but were not found in the workspace. Ensure they are valid and are relative to the workspace" when try to execute the SOATest scripts from Jenkins

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

That error means it isn't. :) Perhaps you have a typo in one of your "-resource" arguments or maybe the workspace doesn't actually include the resources you are providing. To troubleshoot, you might also consider manually opening the workspace in the SOAtest UI to verify whether those resources actually show up or not (check Test Case Explorer and Navigator views).

Please also be aware that copying resources under the workspace directory does not automatically make them resources. Any projects you want in the workspace have to be imported. Please see my other post for detail and explanation:
    CLI Import and execution

• ctyler_1
    ctyler_1 Posts: 9

I am getting same error - check the .parasoft and .project - they all match

c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES>"C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.10\soatestcli" -J-Dosgi.locking=none -data "c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES" -import "c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES\RXMICRO"
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.8.20191027 -- Copyright (C) 2019 Parasoft Corporation

c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES>"C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.10\soatestcli" -J-Dosgi.locking=none -data "c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES\RXMICRO" -chmod -R 744 xxx.tst -resource "outage.tst" -environment Test1 -config "soatest.user://Example Configuration" -report "c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES\SOATEST_REPORT.xml" -localsettings "C:\jenkins\workspace\Localsettings.properties" -appconsole "stdout
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.8.20191027 -- Copyright (C) 2019 Parasoft Corporation
    ERROR: Missing Resources: The following symbols/resources were specified, but were not found in the workspace. Ensure they are valid and are relative to the workspace:
    outage.tst

• benken_parasoft
    edited April 2021

-resource "outage.tst"

This will not work. You must specify a workspace resource path. In a workspace, files live in projects. So, your argument for "-resource" must at least begin with the name of the project. For example, maybe you want "/TestAssets/outage.tst" if the project in your workspace is named "TestAssets".

-data "c:\jenkins\workspace\rxMicro_QualityAssurance\repair-outage-services\CNSMR_TST_REPAIR_OUTAGE_SERVICES\RXMICRO"

Please also make sure you are passing the path to the workspace directory, the one containing the Eclipse .metadata directory. It looks like you might be passing a sub-folder of the workspace directory.

• ctyler_1
    ctyler_1 Posts: 9

yea - tried all of that - I am using %WORKSPACE% in Jenkins which is a parm - I think it is because our new Jenkins is mainly for Pipelines and has folder structures now - and where this workspace exists has too many sub directory

• benken_parasoft
    edited April 2021

@ctyler_1, the bottom line is that "-data" but point to the Eclipse workspace folder (not Jenkins %WORKSPACE% directory). "-resource" must be a workspace resource path (project_name/folder_or_file_name). I don't think your -data or "-resource" arguments are correct.

• benken_parasoft

Please also see my responses here:
    CLI Import and execution