Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOATest Writable Datasource : Comparing more than 2 columns from different Writable Datasources

I have 2 XML responses where i need to compare both the responses. Responses will have list of array elements hence i had to extract the elements and saved to the writable data source.
Now i have 10 columns for each data source (there are 2 writable DS) .

I have written a java script to compare 2 columns one from Datasource 'A' and one from Datasource'B' and it worked.

But what i am looking is to get all the column list .. i.,e column names as list from 2 data sources and iterate through each column while comparing the rows and get the final result out with pass or fail..

Is there any way that i can achieve this ?
It would be great help for me if some one can help me to achieve this please .

Comments

• Can someone please help on this ?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

SOAtest does not contain an API for retrieving column names. Can you use fixed, known column names?

• Yes i have fixed column names. I have around 10 columns for each Writable DS.
    I can compare Datasource 1 - Column A with Datasource 2 - Column A and it worked.

But , If i have to do the same for columns i had to write to so much code.
    And another thing is i have to declare 20 variables for 20 columns including Datasource 1 and Datasource 2.

This is not looking good :(

So , just want to know if there is any way to reduce my code .

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

I can think of ways to write the code compactly, but it's hard to give exact suggestions since I don't see your code.