Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Customize the HTML report

ashokan_moorthi
ashokan_moorthi Posts: 21
edited July 2017 in SOAtest

Is it possible to customize the HTML report generated after execute the scripts from command line? like change the heading of report (usually its displays as "FUNCTIONAL TESTS"), remove the task by author table.

Can anyone provide me some solutions?

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Report generated by SOAtest after execution can be saved in two different formats, by default: XML and HTML.
    XML hoverer can be used to create your own presentation format.
    You have to use XSL file to transform/rebuild XML report into your own format.
    See section "Support for Custom Report Formats" in Parasoft Test help/User Manual (usually located in $SOAtest_install_dir/../Test/9.xx/manuals

• ashokan_moorthi

I dont know how to use the xsl format. Is there any document available? can you please tell me if you know.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Maye you should start with simple tutorial here:

https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xsl_intro.asp

• ashokan_moorthi

I dont have enough time to study the tutorial and work on it. Can you please provide me some sample XSL and suggest me on how to map it.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

The built-in SOAtest HTML report can be configured by various options in the Preferences under Parasoft > Reports. For example, you can uncheck "Overview of tasks by authors". You would use XSL if you want to create your own HTML report from scratch. If you are not able to learn or write XSL then you would only be able to use the existing HTML report configuration options.