Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Enable view traffic option in localsettings.properties file

ashokan_moorthi
ashokan_moorthi Posts: 21

Can anyone please tell me how to configure the view traffic option localsettings.properties file.
I know how to do it in GUI. but i have to update in localsettings.properties when execute the script from command line.

And also disable API coverage option.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Can you be more clear on which option you are trying to configure? Are you talking about the option to "Report traffic for all tests" in the test configurations? Or are you thinking of something else?

• ashokan_moorthi

yes. Correct. I want to enable "Report traffic for all tests" option and disable "API Coverage" option

Screenshots are attached for quick reference

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

These options will be enabled/disabled based on the run configuration that you choose to apply when executing through CLI. In this case, simply using -config "user://Example Configuration" in your command line would allow you to achieve your goal. Additionally, you may choose to create new configurations to help you distinguish your test execution configurations. For example:

• ashokan_moorthi

Correct. I can do the same in my local machine. But my issue, the parasoft installed in linux server and I have to execute the scripts from Jenkins on linux server.

Since I cannot modify the changes on GUI, i have to do my changes via localsettings.properties file only..

But i could not find the configuration details to update the property file. If you know what to provide in the property file for "Report traffic for all tests" option and disable "API Coverage" option will be great helpful for me

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You must configure your test configuration using the UI. Next, you can export your Test Configuration so it can be shared. You can export it as a file, for example, then use a file path for the -config argument.

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin
    edited June 2017

I recommend that you gain access to the remote machine and add a new run-configuration in the UI. You may also choose to export your test-configuration into a .properties file (different from a localsettings.properties file) and point to it in your -config argument as suggested by @benken_parasoft.

• ashokan_moorthi

Great. Its got worked. Many Thanks to all