Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

is it possible compare between Response (Soap /Json) and Data source using java

Options

Hi ,
My scenarios is to compare between response (SOAP/Rest) and database using any of the scripting language Like Java / Groovy /Jython (Mostly Using Java ) , how can i compare those , i m entirely new to Programming Language (Know Basic Concept very well )

Comments

• Ramiro Martinez
    Ramiro Martinez Posts: 53 admin
    Options

Hi Pavancenturylink,

I suggest using the DB tool to send a DB query to your database and extract the data from the "results XML" using the XML data bank.

You would then configure an XML/JSON assertor to your SOAP/REST response, add an assertion that fits the data, and parameterize the expected Value with the previously extracted data.

For additional details, please see the documentation for the DB tool, XML data bank, and XML/JSON Assertor.
    Documentation can be found by navigating to:
    Help>Help Contents
    And searching the tool's name.

Best regards,

Ramiro Martinez

• Pavancenturylink
    Pavancenturylink Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks Ramiro , But i would like to compare through Script

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

This forum is not really the place to discuss how to write code. If you can provide more specific details about what you are trying to do within SOAtest, we might be able to provide you a better answer about how to do it.