How Do I Load or Use A Provided WSDL Link?

BrightBright Posts: 3

I have been provided a WSDL link to try and get some experience with but I don't know how to load or access it in SOAtest. How do I load or use a provided WSDL link?

At the moment I have only an empty SOAtest project.

Regards,
Bright

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• BrightBright Posts: 3

Thank you so much but I am still having one problem.

The user in those videos starts with a VirtualAssets project and I can't seem follow the instructions in the "Create a virtual asset from a WSDL service description" video without that project type but I can't find it using File -> New -> Project even when I trying searching for it using the wizard.

Do you happen to know how to create that project type?

• Chris ColosimoChris Colosimo Posts: 71 admin
    edited April 2017

Im thinking since you are mentioning VirtualAssets that you watched the Virtualize Video:
    Create a virtual asset from a WSDL service description

This is for the Virtualize product. You have SOAtest. The products are similar but you should watch the appropriate video

Automatically-generate tests for the operations defined in a WSDL

• OmarROmarR Posts: 206 admin

Hello Mr. Bright,

Below is the link to the video that Chris is referring to :)

Automatically-generate tests for the operations defined in a WSDL

• benken_parasoftbenken_parasoft Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I highly recommend following the first few sections of the SOAtest Tutorial (from Help > Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide). Auto generating clients from a WSDL is a first step but the tutorial takes you a bit further, showing how to use those clients to build functional scenarios with regression controls, validations, and assertions.