Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How Do I Load or Use A Provided WSDL Link?

Bright
Bright Posts: 3

I have been provided a WSDL link to try and get some experience with but I don't know how to load or access it in SOAtest. How do I load or use a provided WSDL link?

At the moment I have only an empty SOAtest project.

Regards,
Bright

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Bright
    Bright Posts: 3

Thank you so much but I am still having one problem.

The user in those videos starts with a VirtualAssets project and I can't seem follow the instructions in the "Create a virtual asset from a WSDL service description" video without that project type but I can't find it using File -> New -> Project even when I trying searching for it using the wizard.

Do you happen to know how to create that project type?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited April 2017

Im thinking since you are mentioning VirtualAssets that you watched the Virtualize Video:
    Create a virtual asset from a WSDL service description

This is for the Virtualize product. You have SOAtest. The products are similar but you should watch the appropriate video

Automatically-generate tests for the operations defined in a WSDL

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Hello Mr. Bright,

Below is the link to the video that Chris is referring to :)

Automatically-generate tests for the operations defined in a WSDL

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

I highly recommend following the first few sections of the SOAtest Tutorial (from Help > Parasoft SOAtest User's Guide). Auto generating clients from a WSDL is a first step but the tutorial takes you a bit further, showing how to use those clients to build functional scenarios with regression controls, validations, and assertions.

Tagged