Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to fix java.lang.runtimeexception error initializing storage while launching SOAtest

AliRizvi
AliRizvi Posts: 2

Hi Team,

We are receiving a error " java.lang.runtimeexception error initializing storage , An error has occurred. See log file null" while launching SOAtest.

I didn't get any help from recent posts in Forum and its blocking the execution.

kindly Suggest the solution for this

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with the error you describe. Can you please provide the entire error including stack trace if available? Can you also explain exactly where you see the error? Were there any other errors that were shown before this one?

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Goodmorning AliRizvi,

Are you running SOAtestcli or initiating the tool from a script? I have a suspicion on what may be occurring, but we will need the stack trace to understand what is going on under the hood.

• AliRizvi
    AliRizvi Posts: 2

I am getting this error when i click on SOA.exe file before loading the selecting work space popup. It is something related of "osgi" file initialization i think. No there is no other error coming before this one.

No, we are not initiating the tool from any script. It is not loading in our machine

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Look for any ".log" file in the "Parasoft/Test/{ver}/configuration" directory (usually under C:\Program Files if you are on Windows). The log file should have the full error, stack trace, and any "caused by". It would be helpful for you to provide this to us.

Offhand, it sounds like you are describing an error from the OSGi framework's storage manager. This isn't a Parasoft component but is provided by Eclipse. We can't tell you for certain without looking at the detail in the log but it may may be caused by a permissions issue, like if perhaps someone or something unexpectedly modified or reset file permissions in the tool's installation directory. The "caused by" for the error in the log might indicate which file can't be read and why.