Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to convert binary format bytes into PDF via parasoft tool.

Options
Neil
Neil Posts: 38

Hello,

I am using parasoft SOA test 9.9 .

I want to know how to convert binary bytes to PDF format via Parasoft SOA test tool.

Is there any Add-in or extension tool to convert binary bytes into PDF and view the same via browser.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

Can you clarify what you mean by "convert binary bytes into PDF"? A PDF is a binary file format (not a text format). What do these bytes represent such that you think they need to be converted in some way? How are you using these bytes in your test suite and where do they come from? After you have the pdf content converted from your "binary bytes", what do you want to do with it? Do you want to write the PDF content to a file, send it somewhere, or something else? Or are you saying the "binary bytes" are the PDF content but you just don't know how to write it out to disk?

• Neil
    Options

Hello Benken,

I am getting a xml kind of data in response , I want to write the content to a file.

I am attaching the response screen shot.

question:
    -for some reason I was not able to copy the content in response traffic manually.

• I tried to extract it to data, but still I was not able to extract to data bank.

thanks,
    suhas

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like your response is a PDF. To write the response message to a file, just chain a Write File tool to the Response output of your test.

• Neil
    Options

Thank you Benkenn... Adding write file worked.