Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Increase integer range in SOATest

Options
Shivam
Shivam Posts: 3

While performing JSON Schema Validation in the SOATest tool through "JSON Validator" feature, I am encountering the following error:

com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.jsonNodefactory.numberNode(Ljava/math/BigInteger;)Lcom/fasterxml/jackson/databind/node/NumericNode;

In the root cause analysis, I found that in the JSON Schema file the maximum value of the integer is set to "18446744073709551615" which is causing this error. Now, If I lower the maximum value of the integer then the test case runs successfully. However, I am looking for a solution where I can run my test case with the provided integer value.

I'll really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

I am unable to reproduce the error in SOAtest 2021.1. What version of SOAtest are you using? What is the exact error message you get?

• Shivam
    Options

The version that I have for Parasoft SOATest is 9.10.7 and the error that I encountered is exactly the same that I mentioned in the post i.e.

com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.jsonNodefactory.numberNode(Ljava/math/BigInteger;)Lcom/fasterxml/jackson/databind/node/NumericNode;

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

I see that the error happens in 9.10.7, but I have confirmed that it is fixed in 2021.1. I suggest you update to the latest version of SOAtest to resolve the issue.

• Shivam
    Options

Okay. I'll update the version. But is there any fix for the existing version?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

But is there any fix for the existing version?

There's nothing like a patch or a hotfix, if that's what you are asking. It was fixed for a later release of the product.