Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Do SOATest call API's internally? Like selenium internally call API for UI automation

Options
onkar
onkar Posts: 9

Wanted to know that does SOATest internally call APIs to perform particular action SOATestUI. If yes is there is any way to automate it

Answers

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

• onkar
    edited August 2020
    Options

Looking to automate soa test api by running that api I can create test cases in SOATest.
    Just curious on this.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

The SOAtest Server has a REST API that exposes many things including CRUD operations for tests and test suites. A java-based client is also available.

Also see my previous answer to this:
    Read .tst file using java.

• onkar
    Options

Thanks @benken_parasoft this gives me some clarification.
    Can we automate these API in SOATest itself or do I have to use other tool?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

Can we automate these API in SOATest itself or do I have to use other tool?

Since it is a REST API, you make automate the desired REST API calls however you wish. Whether you do that with cURL or SOAtest or a custom script is up to you. If you use SOAtest then it should be a separate instance that is making the REST API calls to the SOAtest server instance where you wish to construct or manipulate test cases As I mentioned in my other post, there a java-based client is also available in case you want to make REST API calls from your own custom java application.