Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest Work with local files

dgoedh
dgoedh Posts: 63

Hi,

What is the best way to handle local files on the windows file system where SOAtest runs. I would like to clean out some local directories before executing my test.
I know SOAtest has plenty of tools for writing to local files and also on a remote (unix) machine.

I tried however to use a "!rm ."command (local shell) on the sftp client, but I get an error. Is this even possible?

Does SOAtest has internal tooling for interaction with the local filesystem, or do I have to end up with the External Tool and use e.g. WinSCP of Putty executable to take care of this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Let's say you are running soatestcli as step in a script. In that case, you could simply add an earlier step in that same script to do whatever file deletion you require.
    Another alternative is to add a setup test to your tst file itself to perform any deletions, like a simple External Tool or Extension Tool.

• dgoedh
    dgoedh Posts: 63

Thanks for the info. I overlooked another project and they are using a soap client to populate the path variables in a bat-script and subsequently an External Tool call to execute the script. See if that will also work for me.

Tagged