Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Does SOAtest & Virtualize support Java 9 or higher?

amurphy147
amurphy147 Posts: 18

Hello,

I was looking at the documentation for the tools, and I saw that only Java 8 is supported.

However, when I was looking over the documentation for deploying SOAtest and/or Virtualize servers using the WAR file, it says that Java 8 or higher is supported.

I just wanted to confirm if this is an inconsistency in the documentation.

Best,
A. Murphy

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I know that SOAtest Desktop is only certified for Java 8. That doesn't mean it won't work with Java > 8 (I think I've tried that before) only that you are doing so at your own risk (not supported by Parasoft). I know that the Eclipse that is packaged with SOAtest Desktop does not support Eclipse > 8, for example. So, if you wanted to try it, you would also have to install SOAtest as a plugin into a newer version Eclipse.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

To answer your question about the inconsistency in the documentation - yes it is inconsistent. We will update the docs. Thanks for pointing it out!

• amurphy147
    amurphy147 Posts: 18

Thank you both for your inputs! :smile: