Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

DB Tool - ORA-12519 error

Options
tamilselvi86
tamilselvi86 Posts: 7

I'm trying to connect to Oracle DB using DB Tool, when I run the test it gives me the below error. Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found 66000 What could be the reason ? I did try with some other connection string for same Oracle DB and it worked fine. The issue is specific to 1 set of connection string.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found 66000

This looks like an error returned from Oracle's JDBC driver. In other words, this error didn't originate from Parasoft or SOAtest, exactly.

What could be the reason ?

You can usually find information about errors from Oracle products from other resources on the web. For example, this top result from Google suggests an issue on the Oracle server side:
    http://www.dadbm.com/oracle-listener-refused-connection-ora-12519-troubleshooting/

In other words, I'm not sure this error is indicative of misconfiguration on client (SOAtest) side. You may need to get in touch with your DBA about this.

• tamilselvi86
    tamilselvi86 Posts: 7
    Options

Checked with the Oracle guys and they said the parameters are set fine in the DB. though I tried a different option, instead of using the SID I used the service name in the URL in the below format and it worked. (DB Tool).

URL - jdbc:oracle:thin:@cowht013-scan.bankofamerica.com:49125: UBEDBH01_1

instead used below

URL - jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=cowht013-scan.bankofamerica.com)(PORT=49125))(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)
    (service_name=UDPDBD01_SVC_01.bankofamerica.com)(FAILOVER_MODE=(TYPE=SELECT)(METHOD=BASIC)(RETRIES=10)(DELAY=5))))

The issue still persist when we use Database data source, both SID and Service name doesn't work there. Its just strange that only for certain set of connection string its causing this issue.