Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using Date Range to retrieve data from excel

Options
bsaikrishna84
bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66

Can some help me with the below scenario.
I have a responder which sends list of rows having the same account number which was sent in the request. However, I need to send the rows based on the start date and end date range.
currently I have setup only account number in data source co-relation to match the account number.
Is there a way that I could match the rows and retrieve them based on the date range ?

Comments

• bsaikrishna84
    Options

Can someone help on this ?
    I am stuck with this task for my project.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Assuming that the dates are in the request, you could use an XPath that checks the dates as described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4347320/xpath-dates-comparison

• bsaikrishna84
    edited May 2019
    Options

How do i use this in Responder ?
    For example , excel sheet contains a column "ID" , "PostedDate" and "AccountNumber" having multiple rows.
    When I send a xml request to the responder using 12345678 ; 2018-01-01 and 2018-12-12 how does it return all the rows between the mentioned range ?

I have attached the pva file , data sheet and sample request and expected response

Edited the zip file with latest pva

• bsaikrishna84
    Options

@jakubiak ; could you please verify the files attached and help me on this please ?

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Responder data source correlation expects to match the incoming request to just a single row. In your case you want to act on a range of rows.

This is probably a case where professional services could help, please contact Parasoft Support at support@parasoft.com

• bsaikrishna84
    Options

Can Someone please help me on this ?

• sang_parasoft
    sang_parasoft Posts: 26 admin
    Options

@bsaikrishna84, If you are already Parasoft Customer, please create a support ticket via https://www.parasoft.com/support

• bsaikrishna84
    Options

Sure Thank you