Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to set the proxy settings using parasoft soatestcli

anujbhalotiya
anujbhalotiya Posts: 5
edited November 2018 in SOAtest

How to set a proxy settings using parasoft soatestcli. I am running the test using jenkins. I want to call external api using proxy. how to do it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello benken_parasoft
    Thanks for your response. This solution did not work. I am running .tst via jenkins. In soatestCli. In that I am calling external api, that why I need to set up a proxy. I have also used -prefs flag in soaTestCli, but it did not work.
    Any other insight

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

In your Jenkins job, you need to add a step that copies in a "com.parasoft.xtest.common.eclipse.core.web.prefs" file into the workspace directory (what you pass for -data argument) under ".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings",

If you are having trouble getting this to work then you might consider contacting Parasoft Support.

• Hello Benken_parasoft
    I have added "com.parasoft.xtest.common.eclipse.core.web.prefs" in a remote directory also I am passing this file in SOAtest CLI using '-perfs' tag in jenkins. But it is not working

• benken_parasoft

But it is not working

Please follow the steps in the othe thread I mentioned (don't pass anything called '-perfs'). This does work. So, I can't say offhand what you might be doing wrong. I recommend asking Parasoft Support to help you with this. You can do screen sharing with them, for example.

• Hello Benken_parasoft,
    Thanks for the response. I can see .metedata in my jenkins workspace, how I can append proxy settings ".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/com.parasoft.xtest.common.eclipse.core.web.prefs from parasoft cli."
    if the above does not sound fine to you. can you please elaborate you suggestion given in the above thread.
    That would be very helpful.

• benken_parasoft

how I can append proxy settings

The other post from @Ramiro Martinez provides an example of the properties to add to your "com.parasoft.xtest.common.eclipse.core.web.prefs" file. You could have this living next to your tests then add a step to your Jenkins job which copies it into the workspace. Or you could use a script to generate the file dynamically, like from an ant script or something. How you want to create that file is really up to you.

• Thanks benken_parasoft. It worked. appreciate all your help.