Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Run .Tst file from Java

Hi,
Could you please help me to run .tst file from java and capture result.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

The Parasoft SOAtest/Virtualize Server has APIs to create, update, and execute test assets. For detail, see API Usage docs. A java-based client is also available.

• Vyom
    Vyom Posts: 1

Hi Benken,

Could you please provide full code here...

Thank you in Advance.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Could you please provide full code here...

I only have time to provide quick answers on the forum. The java client has an API with a lot of options. So, how you need to execute your tests, configuring which options in the java API, really depends on your requirements. In other words, I can't just say "here's the code" because how you would need to write your code might be very different than someone else needs to write their code.

However, to get started, you really need to first understand how to get the Java client as described here. Next, you need to write your own java class with code you require. In particular, your code would instantiate and call methods on the class named com.parasoft.api.rest.client.ParasoftApiRestClient. That class enables you to connect to the Parasoft SOAtest Server and invoke various operations, including those for executing tst files.

If you are looking from some sample code, I noticed another user recently posted some of their java code in this thread:
    Java Code to run specific test in .tst File

You can also look at this StepDefinitionLoader.runTest() method from github.