Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Inconsistencies in Counting Inside Static Analysis Report

Options
choner22
choner22 Posts: 15

Hello,

I am running Static Analysis across an entire workspace worth of projects with some key characteristics:

Eclipse: Kepler
Parasoft: 10.3.4
Number of Projects: ~160
Number of Files: ~ 1000 .c/.cpp and ~1000.h
Configuration Properties:
1. Limit is not set on number of violations per rule
2. Check box for "static/Flow Analysis Advanced Settings/Compact Incremental Caches " Checked
3. Depth of analysis: Standard
4. Timeouts are off
5.Enable Swapping of analysis data to a disk
Report Configuration Preferences:
1. Detailed Report for Developers is checked
2. Overview of tasks by authors is checked
3. Overview of checked files and executed tests is checked
4. Task details is unchecked
5. Suppression details is unchecked
6. Generate Formatted reports in command line mode is checked
7. Add metric details to XML data is checked

The following are facts about the configuration of my projects:
1.Every project is created from an identical base project and is capable of having Parasoft run across it
2.Every file exists in only one project
3.Files are virtually linked into each project
4.Runs are completed by, within the Eclipse GUI, selecting all projects, right clicking, and selecting the configuration to run
5.Every run is initiated identically
6.I have a script that has been verified to accurately parse the outgoing report.xml

With all options and processes listed above, I run a complete static analysis job. By checking the box for checked files (see Report Config Properites 7), the report generates, on top of just the number of checked files, also a list of all the files that were checked. Upon review of this list, it is noticed that this list contains 35 different files that were analyzed. This is confirmed by looking for violations in each file and noticing that at least one violation seems to be recorded for each file. The number at the top of the report for the entire project states 31 files were checked.

Is there something wrong with the configuration or something that I need to change in order to get these counts to match up correctly?