Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest - How to customize email body for auto generated reports ?

bsaikrishna84
bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66

When i enabled "report.mail.attachments=true" I am receiving an email with the custom report which i generated thru XSL. However, i could see that in the by default email body was set to "local path"

I want email body to change from default path to proper email body with some customization.

Any help on this on how to change the email body ?

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

My understand is that the local settings property "report.mail.attachments" controls whether the report is sent as an attachment instead of the email body. I'm not sure the email body is configurable in this case, since your XSL would just be controlling the report which is now an attachment and not the body. I could be wrong but I'm not finding any detail in the docs about this.

• bsaikrishna84
    edited March 2019

I have attached the image of report for reference.
    Email body has some path . I would like to change the body text while sending the report.

we have report.mail.subject likewise
    Is there any local setting property like "report.mail.body" to set the context related to the report which we send ?

• benken_parasoft

As far as I can tell, this is indeed the current behavior when attaching custom HTML reports and is not configurable.

• bsaikrishna84

At least that was the base requirement that while sending email to some one, we should be able to add some body text to make them understand what is that email for. This tool has many limitations :neutral:

• benken_parasoft
    edited March 2019

To send an email with that level of customization then you probably would need to do this outside of SOAtest. In other words, instead of telling SOAtest to email the report you could write your own custom script you run yourself outside of SOAtest to email the report file, building the attachments and body to meet your specific requirements.