Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Is it possible run data driven test cases concurrently in Parasoft web test?

Options
venki
venki Posts: 4

Hi All,
I have created two test suites with separate data source. Each suite have set of web test cases.

I have configured execution options for both suites as shown in above image. And All test cases got passed.

I have selected "Test run concurrently" option and tried with test relationship option as "Test run as group/Test run all sub-groups as part of this group " but I am not able to execute test cases concurrently with both options.

Also when I am running test suite with test relationship option as "Test run all sub-groups as part of this group " Test Suite becomes scenario. is there specific meaning for that?

Could you please suggest me how to run data driven test cases concurrently in Parasoft web test.

Thanks for your help.

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

It sounds like you have two different test suites, each of which is parameterized with a data source. You would like those two test suites to run concurrently. Unfortunately this is not possible. SOAtest's browser testing only supports running a single browser at a time, since different browser instances would end up sharing session data and would possibly interfere with each other.

Why are you attempting to run the test suites concurrently? Perhaps there is a different way to solve the problem you are trying to solve.

• venki
    Options

Hi ,
    Is it possible to run single test suite ( Which contains 100 test cases ) Concurrently?

I am trying to run concurrently because test case steps for 100 test cases are common. i.e launching bowser and fill test data using from data source ( here data source contains columns like NavigateURL, Element XPATH , Element Value) .

Could you please suggest me solution for above problem.

Thanks for your help.

• jakubiak
    Options

Could you provide a more concrete example of how your tests are structured? I'm still having a hard time understanding exactly which part you would like to be concurrent.

• venki
    Options

Hi,

I have created web functional test case in test suite with below data source.

And I have created two test cases as shown in below image

1. To launch browser with navigate URL from data source

2..To type text into search field using Xpath and Value from data source

Above two steps are common for test cases so I have created data driven test cases using data source.

I am able to execute test cases sequentially but not concurrently.

Could you please suggest me how to execute test cases parallelly to reduce test case execution time.

Thanks for your help .

• jakubiak
    Options

Unfortunately you will not be able to execute in parallel with that kind of setup, for the reason mentioned previously that browser tests can only run a single browser instance at a time. The main suggestion I have here is that if it takes too long to run those tests, then split up the data source into smaller data sources, and run the same test with a different data source on different machines, effectively getting parallelization using multiple instances of SOAtest on multiple machines.