Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SoaTest CLI - Excel Data Source - Running Specific Sheet

Gambit
Gambit Posts: 28
edited January 2018 in SOAtest

Good morning,

I am attempting to create a SOATest CLI command to execute a .tst and utilize one excel spreadsheet as my data source. When looking through the Parasoft 9.10.3 documentation (pages 75-80) I don't see a command listed to specify a specific spreadsheet. Is there such a command?

No spreadsheet option in CLI?: (This is the closest command I could find)

Spreadsheet option in GUI: (Dropdown)

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

You simply set up your data source to use the sheet you want to use, and the CLI will automatically use that sheet when it uses that data source.

• surajjaldu
    surajjaldu Posts: 2

I would like to use the same test with different excel spreadsheets. I don't want to create multiple tst files just for the sake of data sheet. How do I pass the data sheet path as a variable in the command line arguments? or is there any other simple way to parameterize the spreadsheet path.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

@surajjaldu
    You can parametrize File Path with variables from environment, for example:
    ${soa_env:Variablel}/calc_values.xlsx

You can switch environment definition which contains proper path definition with command line option:
    -environment <environment_name>

You can use single Environment defintion, but you can change values of variables using options -dataGroupConfig and -environmentConfig

Al those options you can find in manual docs.parasoft.com

Or just simply replace Excel file with new, before you start tests.

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• surajjaldu
    surajjaldu Posts: 2

@Ireneusz Szmigiel, Thanks for your reply. I kind of figured that out from the manuals. Now, I am trying to figure out how to parameterize the sheet name.