Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to create a maven project for soatest and excute it

Sourabh25
Sourabh25 Posts: 37

Hi, I am trying to create a maven test with parasoft soatest. Now i dont know how to execute .tst tests with maven test command. Kindly help me on this

Tagged:

Comments

• Sourabh25
    edited March 2018

i followed that but I am getting the below error:

[ERROR] Cannot run program "soatestcli": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

It sounds like the path to where SOAtest is installed is not defined. Did you specify -Dparasoft.soatest.home="PATH TO SOATEST INSTALL" as mentioned in step 3 in the forums post that I referenced?

• Sourabh25

Yes, I missed that part. so do i need to add the part -Dparasoft.localsettings="PATH TO LOCALSETTINGS FILE".
    Also what is the meaning of this

false
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration

I dont understand this so idid not added this in my pom

• Sourabh25

I am getting the below error:

T E S T S

Running com.abc.parasoft.Orion_Middleware_ProposalService.AppTest
    Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Results :

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

[INFO]
    [INFO] --- maven-parasoft-plugin:3.0:soatest (soatest-test) @ ---
    [INFO] Deleting C:\Users!FRICT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\parasoft.workspace
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.0.20161130 -- Copyright (C) 2016 Parasoft Corporation
    soatestcli: Version 9.10.0.20161130 -- Copyright (C) 2016 Parasoft Corporation
    [SOAtest] 03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutting down current deployments.
    03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutting down current deployments.
    [SOAtest] 03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.
    03/14 12:37:55 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.
    log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.project.registry.ProjectRegistryRefreshJob).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    ERROR: Error: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=160m; support was removed in 8.0
    [ERROR] SOAtest exited [Error Code: 134]
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 02:11 min
    [INFO] Finished at: 2018-03-14T00:37:59-04:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 18M/44M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal Parasoft:maven-parasoft-plugin:3.0:soatest (soatest-test) on project ProposalService: Build failed with exit code 134 -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

• ERROR: Error: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)

It means that the license configuration in local settings file is incorrect or configured license is not sufficient for CLI.
    Make sure you have proper license (link):

The command line mode requires a command line interface license (available with SOAtest Automation Edition)

• Sourabh25

CLI is there. It is working manually.Also My license seems to be fine as I am able to execute the soatest test.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

@Sourabh25

Where do you have your license?You said: is there..What it means?
    SOAtest tells you: No valid license (MachineId: WIN32-4262b250)

How did you pass license or which license server should be used?

You have to add all mentioned parameters to pom and also run maven as explained here

-Dparasoft.localsettings="PATH TO LOCALSETTINGS FILE usually points to localsettings file which contains license or License Server details.

soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means which Test Configuration will be using during maven execution

false as value for clean - means do not perform workspace initialization/cleaning. See here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• Sourabh25

So do I need to create this test configuration. Could you please let me know how can i create this test configuration?

• Ireneusz Szmigiel

@Sourabh25
    you don't have to create such Test Configuration.
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means that such configuration is builtin, delivered with SOAtest. If you see error: no such Test Configuration, then there are few options: you have misspelled Test Configuration name or you have broken installation of SOAtest or you are trying to use Test Configuration from different section: User or Team.

For more information about Test Configurations see here and here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel

• Ireneusz Szmigiel

@Sourabh25
    you don't have to create such Test Configuration.
    soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration - means that such configuration is builtin, delivered with SOAtest. If you see error: no such Test Configuration, then there are few options: you have misspelled Test Configuration name or you have broken installation of SOAtest or you are trying to use Test Configuration from different section: User or Team.

For more information about Test Configurations see here and here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel

• Sourabh25
    edited March 2018

Finally I am able to run one SOAtest today from maven. Thanks to each one of the above who helped me to achieve that