Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Excel data source location respective to project

paolabs
paolabs Posts: 16

How do I have to set the path for an excel file that I use as a data source so that it is always respective to the project? I have been using it in my desktop while I was trying to figure out how to work with it, but now that I am planning on checking my code in, I would like to configure it so that anyone that works on this can also retrieve the file.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Hi paolabs

did you try to check documentation for best practices?

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• paolabs

I did try searching but I find it complicated and sometimes it seems I lack the right terminology to search correctly.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

The solution is simple. :) You simply need to make sure that your excel file lives within the workspace. Then when you configure your data source to use it, SOAtest will automatically create a path that is relative to the project where the excel file is located - you will see something like "${project_loc:MyEclipseProject}/MyExcelFile.xlsx" in the File Path field.

• paolabs

When you say that it lives within the workspace, does that mean that it is in the same folder?

• paolabs

I am a real newbie with SOATest

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

In SOAtest, you can switch to the Navigator view (next to the Test Case Explorer if you did not rearrange your perspective). You can use that view to paste the file where you want it - if you can see the file in that view then it is in your workspace.

• paolabs

I figured it out when you mentioned living in the workspace, thank you so much! I can't figure out how to mark as answered, is there a way?