Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Refrenced Test

Options
rvmseng
rvmseng Posts: 89
edited February 2018 in SOAtest

Hi everybody,
I want to know how can I implement following scenario in SOATest:

I create a ".tst" (test suit) file and I parametize it's input and add an Assertor to it. when I referenced to it in another ".tst" file, I need to pass values to it's input and modify it's Assertor but I can't change any thing.

with this solution I can create a lot of modules and reuse them without creating duplication, but SOATest doesn't allow I change modules (referenced tests). how can I do this.

Please assist me.

Tagged:

Comments

• grigorb
    grigorb Posts: 17
    Options

By design you can not modify a referenced test, and that will cause a lot of headache for you in other tests that are using the referenced test.
    You can absolutely pass any parameterized value from main test or test suite to referenced test by adding test suite, environment variable or data source. Make sure in main test to use the same variable name that you use in any referenced test.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

There's a nice section of the SOAtest tutorial about how to set things up. See Creating Reusable (Modular) Test Suites.

• rvmseng
    rvmseng Posts: 89
    Options

Thank you benken, you are best supporter
    That was exactly my answer.
    Thanks alot.