Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test suite failing

Options
sujats
sujats Posts: 1

I have multiple tests inside Test suite, all test are passed while running them separately. all of them fails when i run it together. Like I selected Test suite-> Executed, all test fails instantly. When i run the test individually its passed and also it took sometime to complete. i tried test flow->adding time etc..it didnt work. please provide me a solution to execute whole test suite which can be executed successfully.

Answers

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 234 admin
    Options

Hello sujats,

What error do you see in the Quality Tasks?
    Are your tests dependent on each other or a shared data source?
    If so, try running the Parent Test Suite with a different Test Relationship to have the tests run as a group:

More info on Test Relationship can be found here.

• Kesary
    Kesary Posts: 5
    Options

My test suite is getting failed when I run together as a suite. Tried all the ways running from parent suite or running the complete .tst file. Only that particular test suite is getting failed and giving error as "Test did not fail during 2 loops." . But when I run individually the scenarios they are getting passed. Not sure what the issue is.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

It sounds like you have set the test suite option "Loop until test fails" with a maximum number of loops set to 2. To verify this, open the editor for the test suite that is failing, and go to Execution Options > Test Flow Logic. Check the "Flow type" option - it sounds like you have it set to "While pass/fail" but want it to be "None".

• Kesary
    Kesary Posts: 5
    Options

Perfect. That worked I changed the "Flow Type" to "None" and My tests are running!!!!! Thank you