Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Comparing Responses to Files

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

I have two rest calls. The first one gets 'id's". I populate them in a Writable DS. I loop thru the Writable DS using the id's for the second rest call. I want to validate the response to gold copy files that are in a fileshare (10 id's in writable against 10 JSON). If I use a "File DS" then it will validate against all 10 files each time it loops.
I need a way to correlate which ID's tied to particular file. What is the best way to do this? I am using the "diff" control. thx

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

There are two different things you can try that might work for you:
    1. Modify the data source iteration to be in lock-step: in the test suite editor, go to the Execution Options tab and expand Advanced Options. Change the "Multiple data source iteration" option to "Flat (lockstep)".
    2. Use an Aggregate Data Source that contains the Writable DS and the File DS. The Aggregate will cause the two data sources to behave like a single data source where their rows iterate in lock-step. I'm hoping that this can work for you.
    Hopefully one of these can help solve your problem.

• reactancexl
    reactancexl Posts: 160

Both scenarios worked. thankyou Jakubiak :):)

Tagged