Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Authenticate Before Every Test Run

Options
Gambit
Gambit Posts: 28

Good morning,

Is it possible to configure a test scenario so that no matter where you start the test from the "Authentication" and "Initiate" tests will run automatically?

For example: If I clicked on "Test Suite: Test Suite" in the below screenshot to run the "GET-Bill Status" I want SoaTest to Authenticate & Initiate the connection before the GET.

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Hi Gambit, that is not possible. We designed the UI so that a user could select a single test and have only that test to run - this provides the user flexibility and control to run exactly what they want to run, which can be useful when configuring a test. I do understand what you are asking for would be useful - but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You have to select the test suite that contains the Set-Up tests in order for the Set-Up tests to get run.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

In case this helps, you can CTRL+click to select multiple tests to run individually.

Tagged