Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

ERROR: Cannot launch process: Access is denied.

Andrey Madan
Andrey Madan Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

When you ran C++ Desktop you need to make sure C++Test you can execute your compiler. If you don't set it up properly, you will see a message like that:

Error during process execution: Cannot launch process: "C:\gcc" "-IC:\Apps\Parasoft\C++test\10.3\engine\runtime\include" -I. -DPARASOFT_CPPTEST -v -E -dM -ffreestanding -xc "C:\Users\ANDREY~1.MAD\AppData\Local\Temp\ParaSoft.25452.41.c" -o "C:\Users\ANDREY~1.MAD\AppData\Local\Temp\ParaSoft.25452.18467.c"
Access is denied.

The problem here is that C:\gcc does not exist. But where would I change that? The answer is in the Parasoft Project Settings:
Right Click on the project and go to Parasoft->C++Test->Build Settings

Then, you will see that you need to browse to your compiler or if compiler executable is on the PATH simply specify the executable:

Problem fixed.

Comments

• Thanks Andrey, great post!

Just an extra note for working with Cygwin environment:

In Cygwin 'gcc' and 'g++' can be a UNIX-style symbolic links that point to actual compiler .exe files. For example, in my system 'g++' points (indirectly) to 'g++-4.exe' located in Cygwin's '/bin' which is C:/cygwin/bin folder on Windows.

However, C++test has to use regular Windows process API to run compiler. Windows will not understand UNIX-style sym-links that Cygwin uses. Therefore, when working with Cygwin, you should use actual .exe name of the compiler in Build Settings.
    This would be, for example, 'gcc-4.exe' and 'g++-4.exe' assuming c:/cygwin/bin is part of PATH, or full path like 'c:/cygwin/bin/gcc-4.exe'.

Of course everything that Andrey wrote still applies.