Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Storing XML as a column in a Writable Datasource Slowness

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

there is somewhat of a similar question posted earlier on this forum about the "Slowness" of the datasource. I have tried all the suggestions that were listed, (Clearing Tasks, heap size, limit amount of tests in workspace etc.) and it takes "forever" to bring up and sometimes it does not come up. I only have two rows in the DS. So what would be a good workaround to this? Any suggestions? thx

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

To the best of my knowlege, what you describe is not typical and therefore is likely specific to your environment. You would need do some troubleshooting to isolate what is causing the undesired behavior, at what point the problem starts to happen. You may want to reach out to Parasoft Support for assistance.

• reactancexl

It is slow when one of the columns contains XML. It seems like it takes time parsing thru the XML. thx

• reactancexl

Here is one of the errors after I close it down. (Java was started but returned exit code=-805306369”)

• reactancexl

I think I have figured out the issue. It was the XSLT that caused the XML to contain spaces in between the nodes that was represented in the writeable DS. I was able to open the DS if it contained only 1 column which was the “XML Message”, that is how I found the spaces in between the nodes. When I added another text column is when I was not able to open. Still was valid xml but Parasoft Writable Datasource does not like it. For Instance
    text text

The Omit declaration Line caused the issue.

Old Causing issues
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

New working
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

texttext

Now I can have several text columns along with the column that contains the xml. thx

• reactancexl

Sorry, for some reason the text did not come over. Here it is. This is the line I removed
    xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" method="xml"