Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Are wildcard parameters supported in a Data Source?

nikola
nikola Posts: 5

I have a responder that matches on the first column in a Data Source. Is there a way to create a default response with data from the Data Source? I thought putting a "*" as a value, but doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

Hi nikola,

yes, wildcards are supported in data source, however it is rather used to correlate appropriate data from request to prepare response.
    To match any value for the incoming parameter, you can use the criteria expression [ * ], which matches any input. Alternatively, you can use the expression [], which means no criteria and therefore trivially evaluates to true. Virtualize supports [ * ] because its meaning is more obvious. Note that the empty expression — which would be represented in the table of parameter criteria as an empty table cell — does not match any input. Rather, it matches an input that is a zero-length string.
    You can find a lot of examples in Virtualize manual/help.
    Look for Criteria Expressions for Matching Values

Edit: As i see there is a small problem with showing criteria expression on forum.
    You should use [*]

• nikola
    nikola Posts: 5

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!