Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Multiple DataSources

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Is it possible to use multiple datasources in a SOAP Client test?

I want to use a Database Data Source for one value in a test and a Generated Data Source for a second value in the test. However, the dropdown in the upper right for Data Source only allows one. Is there anyway around this restriction?

Perry Hoekstra

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Perry,

Yes it is possible to use multiple data sources with a single SOAP Client. In your case of using a Database data source and a Generated Data Source, both column names will show up in the SOAP Client even in just the Data base data source name is the one shown from the Data Source drop down box. This is true as long as your data sources are within the same, or nested test suites.

Also, to combine other types of data sources, you can use what is called an Aggregate Data Source. When you add a new data source, select "Aggregate" from the drop down box. A list of Available data sources will show up and you can select which data sources you want to include in this aggregate. Then when you select this Data source from the drop down box within the SOAP Client, you will have access to all the columns from with the data sources you specified.

Josh
  • LegacyForum
    Yes, if I have two pre-defined datasources. However, one datasource is a Generated Data Source which represents the results of a previous test. Test A runs and creates a Generated Data Source. Test B needs to use a combination of the Generated Data Source AND a Database Data Source. I cannot create an Aggregated Data Source underneath my Test Suite because it does not see the Generated Data Source.

Perry Hoekstra
  • LegacyForum
    Perry,

When you are using a regular data source and a generated data source and your tests are within the same or nested test suites, both the regular data source column names and the generated data source column names will appear within the combo box of available column names. Are you saying that when you try to parameterize an element value within your SOAP Client that your generated data source names are not appearing? You will need to make sure that your tests are within the same or nested test suites and that you have added the correct XPaths within your XML Data Bank. If you continue to have problems with this please feel free to contact me and we can set up a desktop streaming session.

Josh