Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to Get the Execution Status of TestSuite TCs??

rahul157
rahul157 Posts: 30

Hi Guys,
I am looking for script or anything else which can help me to identify no of TCs got pass or failed.
Though I can achieve this functionality using extension tool and executions options but looking for direct script which can return me status true or false.

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

SOAtest can generate HTML/XML/PDF reports with test results. Is this not sufficient? The XML report can be consumed by external scripts/tools for custom reporting purposes.

• rahul157

Hi benken can you elaborate how to do custom reporting using XML report.
    Anyways thanx for your early response.

• benken_parasoft
    edited June 2017

Did you look at the reports SOAtest is able to generate? Do they satisfy your requirements? If not, what are your requirements?

• rahul157
    edited June 2017

One more thing is there any other way to generate report apart from soatestcli or direct click option.
    I want to generate report once my test suite runs over automatically don't want to manually generate it.

• benken_parasoft

You wrote "My requirement is to attach overall status of test suite into my mail and send it". SOAtest can be configured to email reports automatically. In other words, you wouldn't need custom scripting to accomplish this. For detail, please look under "Help > Help Contents > Parasoft Test User's Guide > Configuration > Configuring Email Settings"

The soatestcli is intended for automation. You can pass arguments to soatestcli to automatically run your tests, generate a report, and email it. In contrast, the SOAtest workbench UI is not intended for manual test configuration and manual execution of test cases. In you are manually running test cases in the SOAtest UI then you would click the "Generate Report" toolbar button from the Test Progress view.

• rahul157

Thanks benken got it bro.