Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Fetching log files using Unix?

Can we fetch the log files using Unix in parasoft?

Is it possible to connect the power broker using Unix in parasoft??

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Could you provide more information on what you are trying to do? Is SOAtest on the same machine as the log file you are trying to access? If not you could consider using the FTP Client to connect to another machine to get the log file. I am also not clear what you mean by "power broker" - can you explain?

• sunil_subramanian
    sunil_subramanian Posts: 40

How to connect putty in parasoft could you please explain in detail??

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi sunil_subramanian

generally speaking you should use External Tool from SOAtest.

I suppose that you want to execute a few commands on remote system after login, and in such case you should use option "-m" from putty.exe.
    The -m option expects to be given a file name, and it will read a command from that file.
    For configuring External Tool see help for SOAtest, section "External"
    For more information about "-m" from putty see Putty's documentation ie: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/docs.html

PS. Why do you want to use putty? Maybe better will be to use plink.exe?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

If you need to use SSH to execute commands or download/upload files, consider using the FTP Client tool which supports SFTP/SSH commands. http://marketplace.parasoft.com also has a custom "SFTP Client Tool" extension that is similar to the built-in FTP Client tool but supports authentication using SSH keys instead of username/password.

• sunil_subramanian

@Ireneusz Szmigiel could you please explain the steps to add the extension tool in detail?

• sunil_subramanian

@benken_parasoft kindly explain in detail..

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited May 2017

Hi Sunil, Chris here. A few days ago I sent you an email requesting a conversation. I think this would be a great opportunity to have a discussion with you about your SOAtest usage. Lets continue this discussion over the phone. We can update this post once we have decided the best path forward.

• @Ireneusz Szmigiel hi I have tried what aever u have given over there. but I'm receiving unable to read the commends_for_putty.txt. where we need to store this note pad? is there any particular place to store this txt file? in input tab what we need to give?

Tagged