Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

404 error when running SOAtest locally calling a local service

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

I am running SOATest on my local laptop. I am trying to call a simple service on my same laptop I keep getting "Received HTTP Response Code 404: Not found" When I double click on that message it says "Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)". Ok so what I did was a dns flush and used FQN, ip address, etc and does not work. If I call that same service from browser it works. If i call from soatest running on VM machine it works. Any ideas why it does not work locally? thx

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin
    edited May 2017

What version of SOAtest are you currently using?
    Can you call any other service or does it occur only with this specific service?

Would you kindly generate a TSA log with high verbosity so that we may analyze the issue? Please follow the steps illustrated here and send us the logs so that we may further investigate the cause.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You seem to be describing an HTTP 404 response message from your web server, where the body of the response message is complaining about the host name. Try using the fully qualified host name in your HTTP request URL to see if your web server recognizes that.

If you have an environment where you don't see the issue then you should compare the HTTP request header. Something in the request would have to be different for your web server to accept one HTTP request and not the other. In particular, check the "host" header.

• reactancexl

"
    I am using soatest 9.1. It works when I use a VM to call the local service on my laptop but the local instance of soa does not. I was not able to capture headers on the local machine.

• reactancexl

OK I created a new workspace and it worked. I am thinking something got corrupted somehow in the old workspace. thanks for the replies :)