Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Not able to add tst file.

vaishnavi
vaishnavi Posts: 3

Hi
I am new to SoaTest and i am unable to get the option "Test(.tst) file" in Add New tab when right click on any Project. Also when trying to add test file via FIle>New>Test(.tst) File, it opens new window where we give file name. But Next button remains disable after giving the filename. How can i resolve this???

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi vaishnavi
    are you in SOAtest perspective?
    Could you open Test Case Explorer and then do a right click on Project and then select Add New >Test (.tst) File?
    When you are creating tst using File>New>Test(.tst) File you have to first select a project.
    See attached screenshot:

• vaishnavi

Hi Ireneusz,
    Thank you !!
    I did the same but still the next button is disable. May be a license issue. How did you set the license ?? Please let me know the steps to set the license

• Ireneusz Szmigiel

Hi vaishnavi

You can check it here Parasoft>Preferences>License and you have to provide license string or connect with license server.

If there is no license, in SOAtest perspective you should get info about missing license:

• vaishnavi

Hi Ereneusz

Yes, I am gettinga same error message. How to resolve this lincense issue??? From where will I get password (or from where should i load the local file ) to set the license????

• Ireneusz Szmigiel

Hi vaishnavi

do you have a service contract number?
    If yes, please contact Parasoft sales representative or send such request to Parasoft Support team ( support@parasoft.com ).

• jkrishnan
    jkrishnan Posts: 1

Hi Vaishnavi,

Were you able to fix this license issue? i am so new SOA test and having the same issue.

thanks
    Jay

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Hi Jay, it sounds like you don't have your license configured properly. The quickest way to resolve this problem would be to contact the Parasoft support team or your Parasoft sales representative.