Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest CLI command - unable to run the particular test

pooja
pooja Posts: 18

Command used
"C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.9\soatestcli.exe" -runtest "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace\DailyRxxxx\abc.tst" -config "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace\DailyRxxxx\Example Configuration.properties"
Earlier the same command used to run properly but now I face issue and get below message

INFO: Scope not specified: No resources specified as scope, using all workspace
projects as selected scope.It builds and refresh the test .no tests run.

If I use the builtin democonfiguration
-config "builtin://Demo Configuration"
It is picking all the test of the workspace and running .

Please let me know the command used to run a particular test from cli.
Let me know if any setting is required to change

Tagged:

Comments

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi pooja

you are using deprecated option in your command line:
    -runtest "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace\DailyRxxxx\abc.tst"
    try to use
    -resource "/DailyRxxxx/abc.tst"
    As you don't use -data it will use default workspace. if you want to use your current workspace add also following option:
    -data "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace"
    Try something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.9\soatestcli.exe" -data "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace" -resource "/DailyRxxxx/abc.txt" -config "builtin://Demo Configuration"

If you want to use option:
    -config "C:\Users\xxxx\parasoft\workspace\DailyRxxxx\Example Configuration.properties"
    please double check if you have such file and it contains SOAtest test configuration properties.

• pooja
    pooja Posts: 18

Superb , it worked well . Thanks

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

The -runTest argument is from SOAtest 5.x, last released in 2008. Yes, it used to work but only in this older version. The command line interface was re-implemented in SOAtest 6.0. The SOAtest User's guide has a "Migrating from SOAtest and WebKing" section with detail.

If -data is not specified then default workspace location is used.
    If -resource is not specified then scope includes all files in the workspace. For SOAtest test execution, all tests in the workspace will be in scope for execution.

• atulsharma1989
    atulsharma1989 Posts: 5

i am running soatest 9.7 on linux docker container and it is giving following error,

Please check and suggest what is causing the issue and how can resolve.

License issue has been has been fixed please see the following error ,

./soatestcli -data /root/parasoft/workspace -import /sparse/functional-tests/gcs-aws-usps-av-ss-func/ -showdetails -config "user://Example Configuration" -environment \"AWS-SND-CI\" -localsettings local-setting.ls -Zjava_home $JAVA_HOME

soatestcli: Version 9.7.0.20140227 -- Copyright (C) 2003-2014 Parasoft Corporation
    soatestcli: Using non default java: /usr/lib/jvm/jre
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=160m; support was removed in 8.0
    Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Store for:env.preferences not registered
    at com.parasoft.xtest.application.api.preferences.localsettings.LocalsettingsFrameworkManager.getLSPreferenceStore(LocalsettingsFrameworkManager.java:139)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.application.api.preferences.localsettings.LocalsettingsFrameworkManager.getRegisteredPreferenceStore(LocalsettingsFrameworkManager.java:124)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.web.XTestServerPreferenceProvider.(XTestServerPreferenceProvider.java:33)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.web.XTestPreferenceProvider.getServerPreferenceProvider(XTestPreferenceProvider.java:126)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.web.XTestPreferenceProvider.apply(XTestPreferenceProvider.java:324)
    at com.parasoft.preferences.AppPreferenceProvider.apply(AppPreferenceProvider.java:134)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.web.UWebkingAppInitializer.doStartupTasksBasedOnPreferences(UWebkingAppInitializer.java:235)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.web.UWebkingAppInitializer.initWebApp(UWebkingAppInitializer.java:103)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.common.eclipse.core.web.CommonCoreWebPlugin$1.run(CommonCoreWebPlugin.java:52)

where
    -import sparse/functional-tests/gcs-aws-usps-av-ss-func/ ..

its functional test suits that i want to run .. while run the soatestcli on linux getting above error
    please suggest how can i resolve this ...

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

atulsharma1989

the test should run as import should be successful, despite error.
    If you want to get rid of this error, upgrade SOAtest to latest version.

BTW. You have the same posts in two different threads

Tagged