Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Queues to FTP

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi
Is it possible to read the response from a Queue and put the message to an FTP source.
Is there any jar file that could help me achive this

Thanks in advance
Aadith
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited December 2016
    Hi Aadith,

This can be possible using a combination of the Write File Tool and the FTP Client. Once you have the response from a Queue(using the Call Back Tool or SOAP/Messaging Client), you can store this message as a File using the Write File Tool. Once, the file is written, you can configure the FTP Client to put the newly created file. Here are the steps I would take to do so:

1) Add a Write File tool to the test grabbing the message from the Queue by right-click -> Add Output -> Response -> Write File.
    2) Configure the name of the file and the directory where the file should be created.
    3) Create a new FTP Client and configure the FTP settings. For the 'Local Folder' field, set it to the directory where the file was created from step #2
    4) For the commands, use 'put' and for the argument, use the name of the file from step #2

Here's how this would be setup:

Test Suite
    -SOAP/Messaging Client
    +Write File
    -FTP Client

Please let me know how this works for you.

Best Regards,
    -Dwight
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks a lot for the steps...They are wrkin fine...

Tagged