Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Validate the results from SOAtest automatically?

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
is there any way to read the responses and validate the fields?
Hi,

I have a bunch of tests created in the SOATest, I was kind of wondering if there any way to read the values in the responses and validate them automatically. In other words can I automate the whole process of the following testing example:
-> Already created soap tests
-> run the test using the data source with 10 rows of data
-> read only 3 fields from the responses
-> validate those results against the list of values from any other source

Also Please suggest if there is other way to do this?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Yes this is definitely do-able. I'm attaching a sample .tst file to demonstrate how it can be done in SOAtest.

I'll also explain how this is done in words:

- I've added a Table data source that contains input values (under columns: x, y).
    - In the same Table data source I've added values for validation (under column: Validation Values)
    - The SOAP Client is testing our Calculator Web service, specifically the "add" operation. The "add" operation has two fields, x & y which are parameterized with columns x & y respectively
    - I've attached a validation tool called XML Assertor to the SOAP Client. The XML Assertor will allow you to extract 1 or more fields from the response which you can validate against a list of values from a data source. In my case I'm validating the field "Result" with values from column "Validation Values"

Hi,

I have a bunch of tests created in the SOATest, I was kind of wondering if there any way to read the values in the responses and validate them automatically. In other words can I automate the whole process of the following testing example:
    -> Already created soap tests
    -> run the test using the data source with 10 rows of data
    -> read only 3 fields from the responses
    -> validate those results against the list of values from any other source

Also Please suggest if there is other way to do this?

• LegacyForum
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That really helps. I tried the example you provided. Now I understand How I can automate the soap messages.

Tagged