Validate the results from SOAtest automatically?

LegacyForumLegacyForum Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
is there any way to read the responses and validate the fields?
Hi,

I have a bunch of tests created in the SOATest, I was kind of wondering if there any way to read the values in the responses and validate them automatically. In other words can I automate the whole process of the following testing example:
-> Already created soap tests
-> run the test using the data source with 10 rows of data
-> read only 3 fields from the responses
-> validate those results against the list of values from any other source

Also Please suggest if there is other way to do this?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForumLegacyForum Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
    Yes this is definitely do-able. I'm attaching a sample .tst file to demonstrate how it can be done in SOAtest.

I'll also explain how this is done in words:

- I've added a Table data source that contains input values (under columns: x, y).
    - In the same Table data source I've added values for validation (under column: Validation Values)
    - The SOAP Client is testing our Calculator Web service, specifically the "add" operation. The "add" operation has two fields, x & y which are parameterized with columns x & y respectively
    - I've attached a validation tool called XML Assertor to the SOAP Client. The XML Assertor will allow you to extract 1 or more fields from the response which you can validate against a list of values from a data source. In my case I'm validating the field "Result" with values from column "Validation Values"

Hi,

I have a bunch of tests created in the SOATest, I was kind of wondering if there any way to read the values in the responses and validate them automatically. In other words can I automate the whole process of the following testing example:
    -> Already created soap tests
    -> run the test using the data source with 10 rows of data
    -> read only 3 fields from the responses
    -> validate those results against the list of values from any other source

Also Please suggest if there is other way to do this?

• LegacyForumLegacyForum Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That really helps. I tried the example you provided. Now I understand How I can automate the soap messages.