Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

XML Compare and Style Sheets

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Style sheets being used?
Hi,

If I create a XSLT to sort my responses, does the XML Compare utilize the Style sheet?

Robert
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Hi Robert,

Can you clarify for me what tool you are referring to with " XML Compare utilize the Style sheet"? Thank you.
  • LegacyForum
    Hi,

Sorry for not being clear in my message. I was attempting to utilize an XSLT file I created to filter/sort my XML response and to use the output as input to my Diff. Do to the nature of our output (very dynamic), the functionality of the "Ignore Element Order" dosn't work.

I've decided to do it the "Brute Force" way by calling an external application to do the compare.

Robert
  • LegacyForum
    Hello Robert,

It is possible to do this by adding an XSLT tool to the Response SOAP Envelope, and then selecting Create Regression Controls. Is there a reason that you cannot do it that way? I would strongly advise against the Brute Force method since that will negatively impact the reusability and manageability of your test.

Regards,
    Jason
  • LegacyForum
    Jason,

Thanks....I didn't scroll far enough down the tools list. Bang, there it was. Very cool! I'll give it a try

Robert

Tagged