Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOATest runtime error 'No browser set' even though it appears to be

Speedy993
Speedy993 Posts: 52

Hi!

I am setting up SOATest (2021.2) on Windows Server 2019 replacing the Windows Server 2012. I have a number of tests that run in a browser. On the old server and on my laptop, the tests run like they should using Microsoft Edge browser. The test are unchanged on the new server but when I try to run them, I get the below error.

**No browser set.

Additional Details:
The Test Suite > Browser Playback Options and the Test Configuration are set such that no browser is run. Check the active Test Configuration or Test Suite > Browser Playback Options to ensure that a browser has been selected for Web Functional playback.**

I have looked at the browser playback settings on the Test Suite, the Test Scenarios and the each of the individual tests. Attached is an image of the browser playback settings for the Test Suite which contains the scenario and multiple similar small tests. I have updated all of the Selenium web drivers for Firefox, Chrome and Edge according to the documentation online. This is an error I have not seen before.

I have double-checked that I have the browser playback settings as they should but the error continues. Any suggestions? Am I missing a setting some place?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Tagged:

Answers

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

What test configuration are you using to run the tests? Which browsers are configured there? If you want the tests to run in Edge, the test configuration must also have Edge configured to be run - based on the note in the screenshot you posted: "Browsers specified here only - Test execution uses browsers common between browsers specified here and browsers specified in the test configuration"

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

This likely means that SOAtest could not find Microsoft Edge on your machine. Can you open a command prompt and type the following?

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\msedge.exe"

Does this return the path to the msedge.exe? Does the msedge.exe exist at that location on disk? What version of Edge is it?

Tagged