Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Blank Spaces in Path in Linux Machine

Options
bharatbarz
bharatbarz Posts: 44

Hi, I am using Windows Machine for our development work and ultimate deployment is with a Linux Machine. In my .tst file, I have below steps configured.
1) Get Project Location using absolutefilepath()
2) Execute a DB query and I am storing the results of query to XML Converter for converting them to CSV. Then I am taking the CSV output and Write into a File with Target DIrectory as ${Project_Location}.

This method works fine in Windows. But when deployed in Linux machine, we are getting blank in absolute path (eg: SOATest/SOA//file.csv) and says it is invalid. Please let me know how we can resolve this issue.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should use relative paths. File/directory fields in SOAtest generally accept relative paths everywhere. There should be no need to calculate an absolute path somewhere. If you are attempting to calculate an absolute path from a script then you may have a mistake in your script.

Instead, in your the Write File tool, put "." in the Target Directory field to save in the same directory as your SOAtest project file.

Answers

Tagged