Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Structural code coverage with Code Composer Studio

Options
berkant
berkant Posts: 3

I try to carry out structural code coverage with Parasoft code composer plugin
I am using Code Composer Studio v8,
My target has Flash memory (KB)=32 , RAM (KB)=12.

Parasoft C/C++ makes static analsys very well (And also Visual studio plugin works very well) but when I try to carry out " Run TI CCS v4+ application with memory monitoring " I have got the following errors;

C/C++test analysis errors in /testtttt
1. Test execution: error linking test executable for Test unit for selected sources.
warning #10247-D: creating output section ".cio" without a SECTIONS
specification
"C:\Users\berkant.alabas\workspace_v8\testtttt\2801_RAM_lnk.cmd", line 119: error #10099-D:
program will not fit into available memory. placement with
alignment/blocking fails for section ".text" size 0x9a77 page 0. Available
memory ranges:
PRAML0 size: 0x800 unused: 0x800 max hole: 0x800
"C:\Users\berkant.alabas\workspace_v8\testtttt\2801_RAM_lnk.cmd", line 126: error #10099-D:
program will not fit into available memory. run placement with
alignment/blocking fails for section ".ebss" size 0x15ef page 1. Available
memory ranges:
DRAML0 size: 0x800 unused: 0xc2 max hole: 0xc2
"C:\Users\berkant.alabas\workspace_v8\testtttt\2801_RAM_lnk.cmd", line 120: error #10099-D:
program will not fit into available memory. placement with
alignment/blocking fails for section ".cinit" size 0xacb page 0. Available
memory ranges:

The code works very well and also I can load the code to the target.
when I examine the map file of the code after debugging without any test cases the .text section is very small but when I try to carry out the test the .text section really increases.I think the errors occurs because of this reason but I do not know how to solve.

This errors occurs similarly when I try to make unit test.

Thanks your attention.

Best regards,
-BA

Comments

• JoshScoggins
    JoshScoggins Posts: 20
    Options

The instrumented executable's .text section seems to be too large for the entirety of flash (0x9a77 bytes = ~38-39 kilobytes). The easiest way to shrink the size of the instrumented executable's text section is to disable memory monitoring in the test configuration you ran (you will need to duplicate it and then you'll be allowed to modify it). It is under the Execution Tab -> Instrumentation Mode -> Press Edit Button.

Disabling memory monitoring will not affect structural coverage.