Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using DB Tool with Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Security or Using Windows System Credentials

venkata
venkata Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in SOAtest

Hello Everyone,

If you are a Microsoft shop and using SQL Server for Database, And the users are enabled with only integrated security for connecting to Databases. You must be wondering how to use the Parasoft DB tool.

Follow the Steps: 1-4 on your windows machine.

1)Download and Install Microsoft JDBC Driver X.X for SQL Server on the same machine where you are using SOATest
2)Copy the sqljdbc_auth.dll file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver X.X for SQL Server\sqljdbc_7.2\enu\auth\x64
3)Paste sqljdbc_auth.dll in CC:\Program Files\Parasoft\Test\9.10 for SOAtest & Virtualize\plugins\com.parasoft.xtest.jdk.eclipse.core.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.102\jdk\bin
4)In the DB tool, provide Driver, URL and No Username and the Password is required. it automatically takes the windows system credentials

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

In case this helps anyone, I happened to notice that Microsoft now publishes both the mssql-jdbc.jar and sqljdbc_auth.dll to Maven Central. This can be handy for automation, where Maven could be used to pull these down automatically prior to running soatestcli, for example.

• amvankeulen
    amvankeulen Posts: 3

After completing all those steps, I'm getting the following error:

Parameters of connection are invalid.
    This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.

I put the auth dll file into

"C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest & Virtualize\2020.2\plugins\com.parasoft.ptest.jdk.eclipse.core.web.win32.x86_64_8.0.265.202010222000\jdk\bin"

and restarted my machine, but I'm still getting the error. How can I configure the driver properly?

• benken_parasoft

The sqljdbc_auth.dll needs to be in some folder on the PATH so that Windows can find it and load it. So, you can also try putting it directly in the SOAtest install folder (next to soatest.exe/soavirt.exe), since that is the current working directory (CWD) of the process which should also work.

• benken_parasoft

Please also confirm what version of the jdbc driver and dll you are using.
    JDBC driver: https://search.maven.org/artifact/com.microsoft.sqlserver/mssql-jdbc
    mssql-jdbc_auth.dll: https://search.maven.org/artifact/com.microsoft.sqlserver/mssql-jdbc_auth

If you are running 64-bit SOAtest (64-bit java) then you need the "x64" dll and not the "x86" dll.