Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Data Source Correlation

Looking for details regarding data source correlation.

1 - I understand how to add the xpath needed to match up to a row in the data source. My question is: if I add more than one xpath conditions is it treated as AND or is it treated as OR with respect to the first xpath?

2 - Does Virtualize support custom xpath when creating a responder using the UI? Could I use //account/number() instead of the /root/account/text() I get by default? Looking to strip leading zeros from an account number. And, when the correlation is applied would there be a type-mismatch if the accountNumber I have stored in the data source is in a varchar() instead of an int column?

Thanks,

JT

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

1. Data Source correlations are "and" conditions. It will extract the values for each separately and then will look for a row in the data source that has both values.

2. Yes, you can manually edit the xpath used to extract the value for the correlation condition. When modifying or adding a request body data source correlation just type in the desired xpath into the "XPath" text area.

Hope this helps!