Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Troubleshooting Failures in Load Test

Options
jrodriguez
jrodriguez Posts: 1

Is there a way to see reasons for failures in load tests? We have a load test scenario that works local on a users machine, but when its uploaded to our load test server all calls fail. We are trying to understand if its a connection issue or some other issue. The reports do not have detail as to what the failures are and we have the console logging enabled during executions.

Comments

• Sergei
    Sergei Posts: 34
    Options

First make sure you have the "Error Details" flag checked in the Report Settings tab of the Scenarios node config view. After you have run a load test in the Load Test report go to the Detailed Report view, right click in the graph and select "Show Recorded Details" the errors will be shown in a table. Double click on each error in the table view to see the error details and traffic if traffic is available. For more details see the following Load Test documentation section:

https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOA20201/Reviewing+and+Customizing+Load+Test+Results
    Viewing Detailed Report Table Content

You can filter your Detailed Report and Statistics views by machine if you have several machines in a load test and you would like to see errors from a specific machine.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Another way to do this is to go to the Statistics view, find a row in the table that reports errors for a given test, and double-click in the "Failure Count" column. This will show the errors for that test only in the bottom pane.

• goofy78270
    goofy78270 Posts: 133
    Options

Is there a way to see failures within setup steps? I have a load test that runs fine locally, but as soon as i run it through loadtest, I get 100% failures (302), but since the login is a setup step, I am unable to view the results of those steps.