Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOATest : Execute Test from another Test

bsaikrishna84
bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66

I have a tst file with 2 different Test Suites where I have 2 different web services.
I have 10 test cases for one webservice "A" and another 10 cases for another webservice "B"
Each test case is dependent on another test case.

I have created a TextDataBank to extract parts of XML for each test case(based on scenario few parts may have more data or may be blank).

But now, I can not reference entire webservice "A" since it has multiple test cases

What am looking is, if there is a way that I can reference or run only a specific test case from any other test suite or project this will surely help.

Just like we call an internal assets that we have in responders , I am wondering to know if we have similar way to call any other internal test case ?

Comments

• bsaikrishna84

Can someone please help on this ?

This is urgent for some project that am working currently

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

When you reference a .tst file, you don't have the option to run only a single test from within that .tst file. The entire .tst file will be run. One way to do what you are saying is to put the single test that you want to reference into its own .tst file.

• bsaikrishna84
    edited June 2020

Yes I thought the same, but I had to create 10 tst files..
    Even if there are more than 10 or 20 re-usable assets I had to create 'n' number of tst files for each of them :neutral:

So is there any other way that I can do ?

Or any code that I can use to call the testcase to execute ?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Unfortunately no.