Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Kerberos with SOAVirt Server editions

Options
reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

Can we do Kerberose authenication using server version of SOAVirt? This would be using REST calls instead of CLI. I am thinking yes, because the kereros authenication is contained within the .tst?

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options

Are you asking about testing an application that requires Kerberos authentication? SOAtest supports that, as you see in the HTTP authentication settings in client tools like SOAP Client, Messaging Client, and REST Client. In general, it doesn't matter if you run a tst from SOAtest Desktop or soatestcli or SOAtest server or the SOAVirt deployable war.

That being said, I haven't tried this myself and I do not see any SOAVirt war configuration options for setting the KDC server host/port and realm/domain name. Normally you set those two in the SOAtest Security Preferences like you see in SOAtest Desktop. However, I think they do the same thing as setting java system propeties "java.security.krb5.kdc" and "java.security.krb5.realm". So, possibly you can manually set those two java system properties in the startup for your servlet container or from an Extension Tool in a setup test (or something).

Tagged