Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to parse and validate a file through XSD

Options
GauravDhiman
GauravDhiman Posts: 2

I have multiple type of file format and we have define all this rule in XSD and our oracle SOA suite is using this XSD in parsing any kind of files. i.e I have pipe, comma, fixed length and special character separated file data.

Now I don't want to write the big code again for the parasoft to parse and validate the file format. I am not getting any option where i can select my input file & XSD and apply to validate and parse my input file.

Please help me, how can i use the XSD for validating and parsing the input file and don't want to write the big code.

Best Answer

Answers

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Does your XSD file follow the official schema definition, or is is a custom XSD file that is your own format? What would you like to accomplish in SOAtest using your XSD - would you like to use the XSD to define your messages (such as in a messaging client) or do you want to use it for something else?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not getting any option where i can select my input file & XSD and apply to validate and parse my input file.

In SOAtest, you use the XML Validator tool. You can specify your XML input document and add one or more XSDs to validate against.

I have pipe, comma, fixed length and special character separated file data.

Not sure what you mean. XSD means "XML Schema Definition" It is for validating XML files.

• GauravDhiman
    GauravDhiman Posts: 2
    Options

My input file is not a xml. It's a flat file. data is separated by comma, pipe. so not able to use xml validator. we define the rule in XSD but input file is not xml.