Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

in response (or anywhere) - see values that were asserted

ptlk6789
ptlk6789 Posts: 13

Hi,

is there any way to see, what values are being checked in "XML Assertor".

My Scenario:
In my testcase i have put a XML Assertor where i am comparing values that I am gettign FROM DB and other service.

I am not seeing anywhere which values were compared/checked in XML assertion.

Thanks

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Is your XML Assertor chained to a DB Tool? The DB Tool records the SQL query and the result set as "traffic". You can look in the DB Tool's Traffic Viewer to see what values are in the result set you are asserting against. You can also configure the SOAtest HTML report to record traffic for all tests.

From an earlier post:

To capture all traffic, enable the option in the test configuration to "Report traffic for all tests". Next, in the Parasoft preferences under Reports, enable "Overview of checked files and executed tests" and disable "Only top-level test suites". This way, the XML and HTML reports will capture all traffic and present that information for individual test cases.

Of course, if your XML Assertor is checking for a specific value and the XML Assertor passes, then you can have confidence that the XML Assertor received the value it is checking. If the assertion fails then you will get a test failure that includes the expected and actual values that didn't match.

If you want to view what values are being checked then you can open the editor for the XML Assertor tool to view what values are being checked. You can also generate a Test Structure Report (right-click option) to view what assertions were configured in each XML Assertor in your test suite.

• ptlk6789
    ptlk6789 Posts: 13
    edited April 2020

For Reporting , i have already checked all the fields that you mentioned. It gives me result with traffic But does not show values i put in for check in XML Assertor.

Yes, i do get a failure message when something fails and everything passes i do not see any failure message. (i get what you are saying, if not error showed that i should be assured that everything worked)

My issues was,
    when i run XML Assertion, checking for 3 values (if they are matching), i am not seeing it anywhere which values matched.

we were perfomring demo and folks asked what values matched, i told them whichever i have selected for XML Assertion checkpoint. (BUT they really wanted to see valeus in result, kinda like UFT)

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Your request to have the reports show which values have been asserted against is unfortunately not supported in SOAtest at this time.